You are here
From the vendor (last updated October 2020):
CAMPUS is your online media portal for 21st-century learning, designed to help you see, understand, and experience the world differently!
CAMPUS is a rich and relevant collection of 5,200 documentaries, animated films, interactive productions, and short films in English and French, with more than 1,700 exclusive titles.
CAMPUS is a treasure trove of educational resources that foster deep learning and creativity, sharpen critical thinking, promote digital literacy, and shape global citizenship. Created with the needs of today’s learners in mind, these resources can be accessed from anywhere at any time.
CAMPUS is also a wide selection of study guides, a chaptering tool, and learning bundles with clear connections to today’s major issues. Our content is organized around three key themes: environment and sustainability, Indigenous voices and reconciliation, and diversity and inclusion.
CAMPUS is more than just a media portal. It’s your digital gateway to grasping the world we live in — and a set of educational tools designed to help learners make a difference.
Access & Authentication
Default authenticated access is by IP recognition. Libraries can link their users to either of the following URLs.
- http://www.nfb.ca/explore-all-films/ includes all NFB films, including titles that are not included in CAMPUS subscriptions. Users can browse the index via the provided filters (such as language, genre, accessibility features), including to limit titles by Availability: Campus.
- https://www.nfb.ca/education/ is NFB's landing page for educational institutions, where playlists are provided that are curated by NFB specifically for educational CAMPUS users. Only available content appears in the educational playlists (i.e. subscribed CAMPUS content and open access content). If users want to search or browse outside of the provided playlists, however, they must navigate away from this area of the site and will then encounter unavailable content in their search results (unless they use the Availability filter).
Individual user profiles may be created by library and teaching staff only. A token URL is provided by the vendor to each consortium for staff account creation. The token URL is different from the access URL (which is provided for IP-authenticated access), and may not be posted publicly or shared with students, library patrons, or any other non-staff users. A new token URL is generated every year for the creation of new user accounts, but existing user accounts will renew automatically upon renewal of the institutional subscription.
The Study Guides are only available to staff signed into their user profile.
Remote access (e.g. via EZproxy or SSO) is only permitted for academic and school libraries. Access for public libraries is limited to on-site only.
NFB has transitioned MARC records to OCLC as of November 2020.
Please note that MARC records include records for titles that are not included in the CAMPUS subscription. But, the 506 field has a CAMPUS denotation. For example, =506 1\$aAvailable to CAMPUS subscribers only.
For OCLC subscribers
Access MARC records via your Knowledge Base catalogue.
For non-OCLC subscribers
MARC records are available for download from https://www.nfb.ca/ by the MARC record contact at each institution (identified in the consortial response spreadsheet).
To set up additional library staff with access to MARC records:
- Create a staff profile under their institutional account
- Primary contact at the library (as identified in their consortium's response spreadsheet) requests to activate MARC record access ifor that user. Write Kevin Chlebovec email@example.com and provide the user’s name and email address.
MARC records are updated quarterly. Differential files are not provided (aka update records; additions and deletions), only complete sets.
Full Resource Details
Usage statistics are automatically sent to the contact at each subscribing college on a quarterly basis:
- December through March stats are sent in April
- April through June stats are sent in July
- July through September stats are sent in October
- October through November stats are sent in January
If usage stats are needed in December or if a full year of stats are needed, please contact Kevin Chlebovec firstname.lastname@example.org.