You are here
LexisNexis Academic and Quicklaw
LexisNexis is a global provider of information and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic, and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. The LexisNexis products available in Consortia Canada license include the following:
Nexis Uni Core
- Provides access to full-text news, business, and legal publications, using a variety of flexible search options. ... Access over 17,000 news, business, and legal sources. The outstanding news coverage includes deep backfiles and up-to-the-minute stories in national and regional newspapers, wire services, broadcast transcripts, international news, and non-English language sources.
- Contains all the content of Lexis Advance Quicklaw Core via explore pod access links on the homepage for Nexis Uni
- Nexis Uni Core supports campus-wide IP-authenticated access, however students and faculty can self register for an ID and password to this platform to facilitate folder creation to store results and set email notifications for automated searches.
Nexis Uni Core + Lexis Advance Quicklaw Core
- Because Lexis Advance Quicklaw's content is included in Nexis Uni Core, this option is for Nexis Uni subscribers that also want the Lexis Advance Quicklaw interface. The Lexis Advance Quicklaw interface is the standard legal research platform chosen by many legal, corporate and government organizations across Canada.
Nexis Uni Plus + Lexis Advance Quicklaw Plus
- The Plus content offering extends the Core content for both platforms to include additional primary and secondary legal sources: most notably US, UK, Australian and New Zealand case law and legislation, Halsbury’s Laws of Canada, Halsbury;s Laws of England, Jurisclasseur Quebec,, Jurisclasseur France, and over 200 Canadian and International texts and treatises. The Plus content is added to the Core subscription as an upgrade.
Lexis Advance Quicklaw Core
- Lexis Advance Quicklaw Core includes Canadian case law, legislation, board and tribunals, Canadian and US law journals and the Canada Digest collection
- Canada’s market leader in online legal research, the Lexis Advance Quicklaw service provides access to the most comprehensive collection available of case law, legislation, exclusive current awareness services, expert commentary and more.
- For more info on the product, please see Lexis Advance Quicklaw Core brochure and source listing.
Lexis Advance Quicklaw Plus
- Lexis Advance Quicklaw Plus contains all the content in Quicklaw Core as well as additional primary and secondary legal sources: most notably US, UK, Australian and New Zealand case law and legislation,Halsbury’s Laws of Canada, Halsbury;s Laws of England, Jurisclasseur Quebec,, Jurisclasseur France, and over 200 Canadian and International texts and treatises, Litgation and Solicitors Forms & Precedents, Quantums
Add on Packages for Lexis Advance Quicklaw Core or Plus subscribers (formerly known Wolters Kluwer titles)
- Securities & Corporate / Commercial content - 10 Canadian textbook titles
- Employment, Family, Insurance, Real Estate content – 10 Canadian textbook titles
- French content – 9 Canadian textbook titles
- For more information please see add on brochures
Last updated: November 29, 2020
Full Resource Details
Access to usage stats has changed with the launch of the Lexis Uni platform. The new portal to access usage stats is not yet ready. In the meantime, they will be setting up automated email reports to be sent quarterly.