You are here
From the vendor:
AccessScience is an authoritative and dynamic online resource that contains incisively written, high-quality reference material that covers all major scientific disciplines. An award-winning gateway to scientific knowledge, it offers links to primary research material, videos and exclusive animations, plus specially designed curriculum maps for teachers. With these and other online features, AccessScience is continually expanding the ways it can demonstrate and explain core, trustworthy scientific information in a way that inspires and guides users to deeper knowledge.
AccessScience's dedicated editorial team is led by Sagan-Award-winner John Rennie and comprises more than 9000 scientists and engineers, including 40 Nobel-Prize winners as well as recipients of other major scientific prizes such as Franklin Institute Awards. With its roots in McGraw-Hill Education''s world-famous scientific publishing program—encompassing the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and the McGraw-Hill Yearbook of Science and Technology—AccessScience draws on and continues a deep tradition of presenting rigorously vetted scientific knowledge and expertise in a way that is both engaging and easy to understand.
- MORE THAN 8500 articles and Research Reviews covering all major scientific disciplines and encompassing the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and the McGraw-Hill Yearbook of Science and Technology
- 115,000-PLUS definitions from the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms
- 3000 biographies of well-known scientific figures
- 18,000-PLUS downloadable images and animations illustrating key topics
- ENGAGING VIDEOS highlighting the life and work of award-winning scientists
- SUGGESTIONS FOR FURTHER STUDY and additional readings guide users to deeper understanding and research
- LINKS TO CITABLE LITERATURE through DOIs help users continue their research using primary sources of information
- INTERACTIVE CITATION GENERATOR saves time and effort when preparing papers
- CURRICULUM MAPS tied to core content save time for educators
- MOBILE ACCESS allows easy, anytime access outside of institutional IP ranges
AccessScience puts the most useful and up-to-date technology to work for you: in addition to fast, sophisticated search capability, you'll find RSS feeds, Flash® animations, image galleries, podcasts, videos, and more, with our enhanced search engine making discovery of this wide range of information easier than ever.
Your Subscriber Services Portal provides access to important tools for managing your institution’s AccessScience subscription. Using your administrative log-in credentials, enter the Portal to view usage statistics*, update your contact information, review your access mechanisms, and customize the site with your institution’s logo and URL.
Full Resource Details
Subscribers can access their usage statistics by visiting AccessScience and using the credentials provided to them at the time of their subscription.
If you need a reminder of your administrative log-in credentials for access to either your current or legacy usage statistics, or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your institution’s usage statistics for August 2007 through November 2013 can be retrieved via the Legacy Statistics Site. Use your institution’s pre-2014 administrative log-in credentials (i.e., no appended “admin” suffix) that were sent to you when your subscription was first activated for access into the site. NOTE: access to the Legacy Statistics Site is subject to end without advance notice. Please retrieve any legacy data you may need as soon as possible.