You are here
LexisNexis Academic and Quicklaw
LexisNexis is a global provider of information and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic, and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. The LexisNexis products available in Consortia Canada license include the following:
LexisNexis Academic Core
- Provides access to full-text news, business, and legal publications, using a variety of flexible search options. ... Access over 10,000 news, business, and legal sources. The outstanding news coverage includes deep backfiles and up-to-the-minute stories in national and regional newspapers, wire services, broadcast transcripts, international news, and non-English language sources.
- Contains all the content of Quicklaw Core.
LexisNexis Academic Core + Quicklaw Core
- Because Quicklaw's content is now in LNA, this option is for LNA subscribers who also want the QL interface.
LexisNexis Academic Plus
- includes all the LNA content plus the content in Quicklaw Plus.
- Quicklaw Core includes Canadian case law, legislation, board and tribunals, Canadian and US law journals and the Canada Digest.
- Canada’s market leader in online legal research, the Quicklaw service provides access to the most comprehensive collection available of case law, legislation, exclusive current awareness services, expert commentary and more. For more info on the product please see: http://www.lexisnexis.ca/en/our-solutions/academic/academic-librarians/research-solutions/complete-and-comprehensive-research/quicklaw.aspx.
- For the content of QL Core please see the Quicklaw Source Directory at http://www.lexisnexis.ca/en/our-solutions/academic/academic-librarians/research-solutions/complete-and-comprehensive-research/directory.aspx. However, please note that that some of the material in the "Commentary" section of that list is in the QL Plus package, not QL Core.
- All content in Quicklaw Core is now included in LexisNexis Academic.
- There is some additional content that is available only for law school students. They must use the Register screen to log in in order to view this content. Spreadsheet of titles: http://www.concan.ca/docs/view.php?id=289
Quicklaw Plus contains all the content in Quicklaw Core and a set of premium supplementary content.
- Halsbury’s Laws of England
- Halsbury’s Laws of Canada (all volumes)
- Juris Classeur and JurisClasseur Quebec
- over 50 Butterworths texts
- Significant collections of US, UK, Aust/NZ legal materials
- Litigation and Solicitors Forms & Precedents
- Practice Products in various areas of law e.g. Intellectual Property, Labour, Employment, Criminal, Family, Immigration
Add on Packages:
- Securities & Corporate / Commercial content
- Employment, Family, Insurance, Real Estate content
- French content
Last updated: November 29, 2018
Full Resource Details
Quicklaw: Quicklaw stats are available; however they are the standard report formats which law firms utilize, and are not COUNTER format. Currently there is a single password per consortium. Among the reports there is a basic one which gives the number of searches and fulltext document retrievals in a given time period for a given institution.